Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Beginnings


Well, sorta kinda under protest, I am starting a blog for my needlework.  My dear friend and fellow stitchaholic has been trying for a couple years to get me to blog about my stitching.  Finally, I relent!

I've been stitching for nearly 35 years - mostly cross stitch, with a bit of crewel embroidery, blackwork, and occasionally dabbling in other embroidery styles and specialty stitches over the years.

I love a challenge, and I enjoy complicated cross-stitch patterns.  But, I still like getting a small, simple project done, because a completed project is so satisfying.

So, feel free to stop by my blog anytime, as I'll be updating photos about my WIPs and other news.

Happy Stitching!

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere, my friend!

    Ah, and I'm so glad you are blogging. You are so talented that I want everybody to see what you're working on. Also, you should offer some tutorials on your good habits - like how you keep your stitching so neat on the back, how to make a french knot, and so on. It will be fun to track all the pretty things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Rosemary. The birdies are just gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing your stitching progress and pics of your finishes.

    ReplyDelete